About the course:
- Hindi is our National Language and to promote it we do all the efforts to foster it. MA Hindi course is run with least fees compare to the University Dept.
- In spite of lack of Interest we get all the students seats filled up
- We organise the national and state level seminar and the dignitaries interact with the students
- In the history first time we have ranked high and the record is unbroken at University
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to Ph. D. Programme:
Any applicant who fulfils the conditions stipulated in these Regulations is eligible to seek admission to the Ph. D. programme:
- A Master’s degree holder who has secured at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade „B‟ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed), or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions shall be eligible to apply for admission to the Ph. D. programme in this University.
- Applicants who hold a Postgraduate Degree/Postgraduate Diploma from an approved University/Institutions or a Course recognized by the UGC/AICTE/DEC and MHRD, Government of India and those with a Postgraduate Degree or Postgraduate Diploma or a Professional degree/course like CA/CS/ICWA are considered to be equivalent to an approved master degree programme in concerned subject. However, he/she has to appear in the Ph. D. entrance test in the discipline concerned.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) /Differently abled and other categories of candidates as per the rules of UGC from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- A candidate of Sardar Patel University whose M. Phil. dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be permitted to apply to the Ph. D. programme. He/she must submit final notification of M.Phil. degree at the time of counselling.
- A candidate who possesses a Degree considered equivalent to M. Phil. Degree of an Indian Institutions, from a Foreign Educational Institutions accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph. D. programme in this University.
- There shall be special provision of supernumerary PhD seats not exceeding 10% of the total seats available in a subject, if there are no vacant seats available with the eligible supervisors in the subject concerned, to the in-service teachers for encouraging the faculty members of colleges and universities for getting a PhD degree.
Duration of Ph. D. Programme:
- Full-time Ph. D. Programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years. Part-time Ph. D. Programme shall be for a minimum duration of three and half years including course work and a maximum of seven years.
- A fulltime Ph. D. Candidate shall be allowed to submit Ph. D. synopsis after completion of a minimum period of five terms / two and half years and a part time candidate shall be allowed to submit synopsis after completion of six terms / three years. However, submission of thesis shall be allowed as per the minimum duration of the Ph.D. programme specified in R. Ph. D 3.1, and must submit the thesis within one year of submitting the synopsis. Part time students must have at least 90 days per year (including holidays, vacations and off- office hours) of contacts / interactions with the guide and the research group related to research work. A record of the same must be kept at the respective Department and a copy of the same forwarded through the guide shall be appended with the synopsis.
- A Ph. D. Candidate with M. Phil. Degree in the same research area shall get a relaxation of one term for submitting synopsis over the period mentioned in R. Ph. D. 3.2. Accordingly, one term relaxation shall be given in the minimum duration for Ph.D. mentioned in R. Ph.D. 3.1.
- Only one year extension beyond the allowed one-year period post submission of the synopsis may be given for the submission of the thesis if recommended by the DRAC and approved by the Vice Chancellor. Beyond which no further extension is permissible in any case.
- Women candidates and Persons with Disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed relaxation of two years for Ph. D. in the maximum duration. In addition, women candidates may be provided Maternity Leave/Child Care Leave once in the entire duration of Ph. D. for up to 240 days.